Fail to Plan, Plan to Fail
Posted September 2015 by Veronica Esbona
Fall is here! There’s a lot to look forward to, like the changing of the leaves, crisp air, comfy sweatshirts, and the latest in scarf fashion (for some of you, not for us Floridians). In our world, Q4 is a time to start evaluating how our marketing initiatives have performed throughout the year.
- Did we reach the influencers we set out to?
- Did we help our clients build brand awareness with key audiences?
- Did social media engagement grow, and was it effective?
- Were we able to successfully launch new products?
- Did we engage with the media in a meaningful way?
Addressing the effectiveness of our strategies is key to showing value to our clients. But more importantly, now is the time to plan for 2016 and beyond. Strategic planning is a necessity, and giving yourself ample time to plan, align, and execute will ensure that no key objective is overlooked. Year-end means that, as a marketer, you need to plan budgets, content calendars, future campaigns, product roadmaps, events, key messaging, and more to make sure you can support your entire organization, grow, and beat the competition.